A little feng shui never hurt anyone. It’s all about balancing the chi, or life force, and promoting positive energy flow in your home. The feng shui of each room is different, so today we’ll just talk about the living room and some great tips for your chi!
- Chairs, sofas and loveseats should always be facing the door and they should never be in front of windows blocking the flow of chi.
- If your living room is also the family room, any televisions or electronics should be in entertainment centers with doors to separate the functions of the room. (The room should be a place to gather with family.)
- Dark corners of the room should always be well lit with floor and table lamps.
- Artwork and decor should promote happiness and a feeling of energy. A family picture on the east wall promotes togetherness.
- Balance of the yin and yang are key, so have a balance of light and dark colors, high and low furniture, and vertical and horizontal items.
- Mirrors play an important role in feng shui. Never place a mirror opposite the door (so chi doesn’t escape) and make sure they do not reflect the kitchen, bathroom, or staircase.