Sofa sets are a very big investment and it’s where you and your family are going to spend most of your time, or at least where you’ll be every night and on the weekends. So keep this advice in mind before purchasing Ashley sofas.
- DO think about how the sofa will be used. Is the sofa for entertaining or is it for curling up and watching movies? If it’s the latter, the more cushy and comfortable the better. For the former, you want one that’s a little stiffer so guests can easily get up from the couch.
- DO choose the highest quality that fits your budget. Quality sofas can last you over a decade. It’s one item you should really invest in.
- DO test before purchasing. Don’t be afraid to sit and put your feet up. There’s nothing worse than taking it home and realizing it’s too stiff for your liking or too mushy.
- DO choose appropriate fabric if you have kids or pets.
- DON’T forget to measure, measure, measure. This doesn’t just include the actual space it’s going, but also if it will fit through doorways and around corners.
- DON’T forget to place your hand on the back of the sofa. A hollow back = poor construction.