I’ve mentioned before that sofa sets are vital to a home, or at least I believe so. Most families spend a good deal of time relaxing on Ashley sofas and they need to be super comfy. But if you have pets, it can sometimes be a challenge. You certainly don’t want the fabric to get ruined, but it has to be comfortable and fit your design style.
- Leather/pleather: Everyone thinks it’s a terrible choice for pets, but it’s actually split 50-50. Pet hair will not stick to leather, making it super easy to clean…because there will be no real cleaning involved. However, leather can scratch easily and it won’t look so pretty.
- Microfiber: A synthetic fabric that’s very popular for pet owners. It’s not easy to rip and pet hair will wipe away with just a lint brush or a quick sweep of the vacuum.
- Denim: If you want a super casual look, denim is rugged and durable, just like your jeans.
- Canvas: Typically used as a slipcover, it’s very durable and will resist scratches and tears. If it gets dirty, you can toss it in the washing machine.
- Cyrpton: Not to be confused with the planet Krypton, this fabric was actually designed with pets in mind. They are stain, water, and bacteria resistant.